What it's about
This two-part series is designed to boost participants’ confidence and skill in speaking, pitching and presenting ideas to both small groups and larger audiences. Everyone carries different fears – from feeling like an impostor, exposed to ridicule or feeling physically shaky - and therefore need to learn and use slightly different strategies.
- Give participants techniques and tools to overcome anxiety in relation to ‘public speaking’
- Show how planning ahead and setting clear outcomes can greatly reduce fears and anxieties
- Explain the basic psychology of rapport and connection so that participants understand the audience member’s expectations and point of view
- Share a range of techniques and story structures to help plan and storyboard a talk or presentation
- Increased confidence in the area of speaking and presenting ideas
- Better prepared for a variety of different presentation situations
- Clear understanding of how to plan a presentation with the audience in mind
- Participants will go away with tools, techniques and a clear template for planning future talks and presentations
Pete Mosley – Workshop Leader
I help quiet souls speak up, connect effectively and make their mark on the world.
I help people grow in confidence - in themselves and their ideas, in connecting with other people and in self-promotion. The stories that we tell ourselves – our self talk, values and beliefs – have a huge impact on the stories that we tell others – on both our personal effectiveness and our self-promotional activity. A lack of confidence and clarity in one has a powerful impact on the other.
My book - The Art of Shouting Quietly – is aimed at all the brilliant folk out there who do great things but struggle to promote themselves through shyness, introversion or lack of confidence.
The book is a set text for Cambridge University’s Leading Change programme and is featured on Susan Cain’s quiet revolution website.
I offer a different perspective for quieter, less confident people - a model of connecting that doesn't involve you trying to be something you're not. I can help you put your finger on exactly what is holding you back - then, work with you on strategies to mitigate or overcome the blocks in order to become more effective. I coach 1-1, speak and run workshops on these themes.